MediWest Care are seeking caring Nurses for a Mental Health Hospital in Dublin, Ireland.
Our client provide treatment and care to support adults with severe mental health needs and are looking for experienced nurses who are passionate and caring to look after patients with mental health illness.
- Accountability for the provision of a professional, efficient and effective nursing service of the highest standard and ethical responsibility.
- Practice nursing in accordance with the professional code as laid down by An Bord Altranais and the organisations policies and procedures.
- Ensure safe custody, accurate recording and administration of drugs in accordance with established the physical, psychological, socio-cultural, spiritual and vocational needs of the patient/resident. Plan, implement and evaluate individualised patient care programmes within the agreed framework for practice.
- Adapt a collaborative approach to patient care through the co-ordination of care and interventions provided by other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Participate in clinical induction, teaching and education programmes for support staff.
- Maintain appropriate and accurate records regarding patient care.
- Follow appropriate rules of authority within the nurse management structure.
- Take management responsibility for the unit in the absence of the clinical nurse manager.
- Participate as a team member in all aspects of patient care and delegate work to team members as appropriate.
- Demonstrate a high degree of motivation and assume responsibility for professional self-development.
- Maintain good interpersonal relationships with patients, families, visitors and staff.
- Act as an advocate for the patient and their families to ensure that they are appropriately informed and counselled regarding their care needs
- NMBI Decision Letter or in final assessment.
- Registered Nurse or registered Psychiatric Nurse with minimum two years experience.
- Possess post registration nursing experience in adult mental health services/rehabilitation mental services services/community based mental health services (minimum 6 months experience essential).
- Energetic individual who works well as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Caring individuals with passion for providing a high standard of Nursing care.
How to Apply
- Send a copy of your CV, NMBI Decision Letter and qualifications to email@example.com. Please title the email ‘Mental Health Nurse Positions.’
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.