MediWest Care Employment Specialists are recruiting Staff Nurses in Co. Mayo
Staff Nurses are responsible for providing the best nursing care possible to older people within hospitals and Nursing Home’s care. Promote through high standards of professional conduct and practice, a caring environment which is conducive to the physical, emotional, social and spiritual individual needs of the residents. Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote through high standards of professional practice, a caring environment which is conducive to the physical, emotional, social and spiritual individual needs of the residents.
- Deliver a high standard of care ensuring all practices reflect the privacy, dignity and respect of our residents and instilling the basic values that contribute to an excellent quality of life.
- Provide leadership and clinical supervision to all staff thus improving standards and maintaining a high morale amongst the team.
- Promote, encourage and practice the ethos of person-centered care.
- Support and assist the management team during internal and external audits/inspections.
- When Nurse in Charge; fully responsible for overseeing the organisation, management and operations of all aspects of the Nursing Home ensuring adequate staffing levels to maintain the highest standards of care delivery and smooth running of the Nursing Home.
- Must be available to work day, night and weekend shifts when required.
Qualifications and skills
- Third Level Degree in Nursing.
- Registered with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland (NBMI)/An Bord Altranais and hold an active PIN.
- Current and valid Infection Control, Manual and Resident Moving & Handling, Medication Management, CPR, Dementia, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates (training can be provided if required).
- Proven clinical competence in the care of older people.
- Passionate about delivering outstanding care to older people.
Previous working experience in a Nursing Home or Hospital environment is desirable.
For more information, please call us on 094 955 7100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.