MediWest Care are delighted to be working with a renowned Nursing home group to recruit a Person in Charge to join their team in a new Nursing Home located in Knock, Co Mayo.
This role is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for the next step in their healthcare management career to join a new modern facility. The role offers a competitive salary, bonus incentives, pension and more.
The person in the role will be responsible to direct and coordinate the management of the nursing home, establish and maintain a standard of residential care and activities in accordance with the best national and international practices. Coordinate the management of all staff in establishing and maintaining the standard as set out by the group and Statutory Regulations. with support from the groups HR, Accounting and quality teams.
Duties & Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Provide leadership and clinical supervision to all staff thus improving standards.
- Establish and maintain a residential setting where residents are supported and valued every day.
- Be proactive in ensuring that complaints are managed effectively at local level to minimise escalation and maintain high standards of resident satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
- Promote, encourage and practice the ethos of person-centred care.
Education & Qualifications:
- Third Level Degree in Nursing.
- Registered with An Bord Altranais and hold an active PIN.
- Proven clinical competence and passionate about delivering outstanding care to older people
- 3 years experience in a management capacity.
- 3 years experience in the area of nursing of older people within the last 6 years.
- 6 years post-registration nursing experience.
- Post-registration qualification in healthcare management or equivalent
- Post-registration qualification in Gerontology or Dementia Care
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.