MediWest Care are working with a reputable busy Nursing home in Co. Sligo to recruit a Person In Charge.
This is a senior role for a candidate will instill a high standard of care, support, management and leadership to staff and residents of the home.
The successful person for this role will be someone who consistently achieves high quality standards, has excellent communication and leadership skills and continuously drives and encourages initiative, innovation and improvements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and clinical supervision to all staff’ thus improving standards and maintaining a high
morale amongst the team.
- Use leadership styles that have a positive impact on staff morale and the Nursing Home environment.
- Establish and maintain through high standards of professional practice, a caring environment which is
conducive to the physical, emotional, social and spiritual individual needs of the residents.
- Contribute to the safeguarding of residents, taking steps to protect residents from any form of abuse or neglect
and use the appropriate reporting mechanisms to inform the relevant parties of any concerns.
- Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
- Promote, encourage and practice the ethos of person-centered care.
- Must be available to work night and weekend shifts as required.
Qualifications and skills
- Third level degree in Nursing.
- Hold NMBI Pin – (Candidates with NMBI Decision letters will not be considered for this role)
- Current and valid Infection Control, Manual and Resident Moving & Handling, Medication Management, CPR, Dementia, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates (training can be
provided if required).
- Post-registration qualification in healthcare management or equivalent is essential. In the absence of such a qualification, the appointee will be required to undertake such training.
- Post-registration qualification in Gerontology or Dementia Care is desirable
- Minimum three years’ previous work experience in a management capacity is essential.
- Minimum three years’ experience in the area of nursing of older people within the last six years’.
- Minimum six years’ post-registration nursing experience.
- Proven clinical competence and passionate about delivering outstanding care to older people.
- Full Irish Driver’s License and access to own transport is essential.
For more information, please call us on 094 955 7100 or email email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.